SAMPE YouTube Channel
SAMPE YouTube Channels - Submitting a Video
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE) YouTube channels aim to educate and connect materials and process engineering professionals and students for the purpose of sharing ideas and best practices, evaluating research and new applications, and generally informing members and non-members of SAMPE’s mission and goals.
Submission Guidelines for SAMPE YouTube Videos
VIDEOS CONTAINING SPAM, SELF-PROMOTION OR DIRECT SALES PITCHES ARE NOT ALLOWED!
HOW DO YOU KNOW if you are promoting a business/organization, product or self?
Simple: if your video:
- Requires clicking on a link to access information (i.e. news, blog, or resource announcements)
- Promotes a product or service (commercial, paid or free)
- Promotes an event (i.e. conferences, webinars) that is not affiliated with SAMPE
- Self-promotional (holiday/religious greetings, personal introductions, resumes, etc.)
- No religious or political discussions are allowed.
- Is continually reposted, in either discussions or jobs. Once is enough.
All videos must conform to YouTube Community Guidelines.
Additional requirements for video submission to SAMPE YouTube channels are described below.
Each video submission form must include:
- Video – please send a link to the video for the review process, we will request a copy of the video should it be approved for posting on the SAMPE YouTube channel
- Video title
- 100 words or less description of video content
- 3 key words from a selection of words listed on the form
- Desired SAMPE channel – note that video moderators have ultimate authority on channel selection
a. General – advertising SAMPE events, conference awards, etc.
c. How To/Informational
d. Career Development
- Proof of release permission
- Company website for linking to the video
Each video must have the following format:
- One to two minutes in length – note that exceptions can be made on a case by case basis
- Video file must be in one of the following formats:
Video must be editable to add SAMPE branding after submission
Video must be in English
Keep in mind that SAMPE YouTube attracts an international audience. Make sure that the subjects and information you share abide by your country’s laws and regulations. Additionally, make sure that your videos conform to the policies and restrictions of your employer and government. When in doubt, DON’T POST.
SAMPE reserves the right to post any videos on the SAMPE YouTube channels to SAMPE social media sites (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).